Saturday, May 10, 2008

Last Supper Quilt




For my birthday, I got to go to a quilt show. Once again, it is obvious that it is me and not Seth who is doing the blogging. Anyway, I got to go without small helpers (otherwise known as children) and with birthday money to spend. I had a wonderful time and even learned a few things.

They had a display of the Last Supper quilt. It has over 50,000 squares in it. They are all 1/2 inch squares. It was made by this cute older man, Don Locke. I was lucky enough to get my picture taken with him and his masterpiece. He told me we were engaged after our picture. I felt honored.
He even signed a post card of the picture for me.

2 comments:

Gardner Grafix said...

Way Cool.....We still think you guys should head this way. We sure could use you in the ward. ha ha. There is a house right next to us that would be a perfect place for you guys then we could have a community backyard.

Gardner Grafix said...

Hey I just found out that DI sales quilt squares. Did you know this and I have just been in the dark the whole time? You just buy them by the pack.